Tuesday, May 09, 2006

WE ARE MATCHED!!

I can't believe it. T called me yesterday about a situation, we spoke with the PBM on the phone last night, she got our profile this morning and really liked us, and she has chosen us! The baby is due September 13, but she will likely deliver early. She is CC and the father is AA, and she wants a nice open relationship. We will probably go to Nashville in the next week or two for her next doctor's appointment and to meet her and her family. She has strong support from her family and T feels like this is a very good situation with very little likelihood of falling through. We'll be speaking with M (our PBM) tonight again to tell her thank you and how excited and happy we are.

Can you believe we're going to be parents in just about 4 months?

9 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!! 4 months, that's GREAT!!! Ok, so I know what AA is but what is CC? Sorry for my ignorance. That is sooo exciting. And your going to her next appointment...that's amazing!!!

Stephanie

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so, so, so happy for you. Good luck when you speak with M tonight.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Mel said...

CC = Caucasian, and AA is African American.

Thank you for the warm wishes! It hasn't really sunk in, but I can't stop smiling. I was buying Mother's Day cards today and thinking that in some small way, I am a mother this mother's day.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting! Congratulations! My husband and I were matched and are bringing home our baby girl tomorrow morning! I am scared to death. Mom is CC, and they don't know what dad is, but I suspect AA. She is 4 months old. I know I haven't commented in a while, and you probably don't remember me, but we went through our homestudies around the same time. Well - I will keep thinking good thoughts for you.

Julie

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Julie - I do remember you, and I'm so so happy to hear you're bringing your baby girl home today!! How exciting. I'm sure it's scary but also must be exhiliarating. Keep me posted!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! Talk about perfect timing!! Sending you lots of prayers and hugs!!!

Mandi

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, I am soooo happy for you. I can't wait to hear more details.
Sarah

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great Mother's Day gift for you! I'm so happy for you. Do you get to find out if you're having a girl or boy or do you want it to be a surprise?

Please keep us updated--it's great to hear the good news.

De

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Nina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so thrilled for you!! That is such wonderful news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home