Tuesday, April 25, 2006

This was not our baby.

UPDATE: I just spoke with the social worker, and this is not going to be our baby. It turns out they were off an entire month on her due date, and that confirms that her ex-boyfriend is the father of the baby. So she is going to keep the baby since s/he has a full biological sibling as well.

I'm okay. Honestly, we were preparing ourselves for this, and hadn't gotten too emotionally attached to the particular situation since we had ample warning that this could happen. I'm happy for her though, that she's going to be able to keep her baby.

4 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing. You have so much strength. How could He not reward you...your baby is out there I'll continue to pray the journey to you ends soon. :-)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks Anabel. I really am okay, we were kind of expecting this to happen. I'm glad the social worker had told me up front that it could happen, that kept me from believing it was real.

Our baby will come soon, I know it. Thank you for your prayers, that means a lot to me.

We have our profile out for 6 other situations so hopefully one will work!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Mel, you have an amazing and generous attitude... Your baby is out there somewhere, waiting to be born, waiting for you, and I pray you find each other soon.

Nina

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Foxxy One said...

I came across your blog on bloglines. I'm sorry this wasn't your child but please know, he/she will be here before you know it!

I hope you don't mind if I add you to my bloglines list - I'd love to follow your story.

Wishing you the best in building your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home