Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Limbo land

I was contacted last week by T's assistant to see if we wanted to be presented for a situation. The PBM is 19 and from Honduras, and she is in the US illegally trying to raise money to send home to her daughter. Anyhow, she found herself pregnant again and wanted to place the baby for adoption. This situation is through an agency in NJ that T works a lot with. Initially we were the only couple in the running, and the case worker really liked us. She called us last Friday for a phone interview and we learned there was another couple in the running. That got us rather disheartened and we decided it probably wouldn't work out. She met with the PBM today and was going to make a selection. So all day today I have been going out of my mind waiting for the phone to ring.

The case worker (CW) called me this afternoon, and told us that we have been chosen to be the parents - IF the PBM decides to place. This girl has been very detached from her pregnancy and firm on her adoption plan, but now that her due date is imminent (she is due on Sunday) and she is feeling all hormonal, she is fantasizing about parenting. She is going to ask her ex-boyfriend (who is not the father of this child, but is the father of her daughter) if he is willing to help her. The CW is not sure which way this will turn at the moment, so we are taking it on a day by day basis. The PBM will be talking to the ex today or tomorrow and we will be updated as soon as there is more information.

So here we are in limbo land, not yet off the ride, waiting to see what unfolds in the next week or so.

8 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you--this sounds very good.

De

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mellie, oh my dear you have to be just a wreck with emotions. I pray for your strength and comfort. {{{hugs}}} Fran

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds similar to my friend's situation. In her case, the ex did not want to raise someone else's child. The BM ultimately decided to give her little girl the best life she could and put her up for adoption. I'll be praying you get a similar outcome.

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel,
I am keeping my fingers crossed extra hard for you on this one.
Loads of luck.
Sarah M (femara friend)

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! this could be the one!! I sure hope it happens for you guys!!

Stephanie

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger t said...

Mel, good luck. I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow on the PBM's due date. I hope this baby was meant to be yours.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks to all of you! I spoke with the case worker on Friday, and there is no news. The PBM has not been in touch with her or the social worker at the clinic, but she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow that they expected her to make (she was still carrying high last week). So look for an update tomorrow.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just getting ready to email you for an update. I keep checking here and was getting anxious!!

Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home