Monday, March 20, 2006

My "Infertility Sucks" t-shirt

I have this t-shirt that says "Infertility Sucks" and has a frowny face on it. It is similar to this one (I bought it from Cafe Press but they don't have the exact style any longer). I wore it in Tampa last weekend when we were flying home, and here are the reactions I got:
  1. Some women on the tram to the terminal noticed it, and quickly looked away and didn't make eye contact with me. Somehow I'm thinking they're fertiles.
  2. I was boarding the plane, and this guy in first class busted out laughing when I walked by. I said "what?" and he said "I love your t-shirt". Probably the male half of an infertile couple.
  3. The stewardess asked me to explain my shirt to her, and I did. She used to be a foster mother, and told me to hang in there and that I would get my baby. She has twin grandchildren (the implication was IVF babies) and she proudly showed me their photos.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's is genious! Love the "T" I can't imagine what was going on in their minds. I'd have hugged ya and said, "ditto"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home