Thursday, March 23, 2006

The twin situation

I called T last Thursday and said we wanted to be submitted for the twins, and didn't hear back. I followed up with a phone message on Friday and still nothing, so I assumed we had been submitted. On Monday, T's assistant emailed me asking for more profiles. I told her I'd get them, and asked about the twins. Well, imagine my shock on Tuesday when I got a response saying we were too late! I talked with T later and it turns out I misunderstood her. I thought I had until Friday to make a decision, and she ended up getting profiles on Wednesday and sent them out, so ours was not included. I was devastated, I had psyched myself up so much for this and was just heartsick to learn we didn't even get presented. She was planning to call the PBM on Tuesday and see how she was doing, and if she hadn't chosen anyone she would send our profile. She said she would call or email me after she heard from the PBM and still nothing, so I still don't know what's going on. I emailed her this morning. Sigh.

And T was in a bad mood when I talked to her. She was very defensive with me and wanted to make it clear that she didn't do anything "wrong" and that it was all on me. She said initially she sent profiles on Wednesday and Thursday to the PBM, and I said "if you sent some on Thursday why wasn't mine included?" She then told me she didn't appreciate me being all "snippy" with her. WTF? I was just asking a question and I was very upset, fighting off tears at that moment. I certainly don't think I was being snippy.

We also had another situation in Florida (this is the one due next week), but we didn't get chosen. I felt weird about the situation from the beginning, it wasn't through T but a friend's agency, but it just didn't feel right to me. So it worked out for the best that she chose another couple. I also sent an application and some profiles to Mother Goose, after a friend on the boards let me know they had some biracial situations available. They also had two twin situations but one got matched and the other decided to parent. We have one profile submitted and another should go out next week when they return from Spring Break (have you ever heard of an adoption agency taking Spring Break?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home