Thursday, March 02, 2006

My EDD is today

It's strange to think I would be 40 weeks pregnant right now. Maybe I'd even already have a baby, or be about to give birth. Who knows. Yet somehow, knowing that my baby is probably in utero somewhere, the uterus of a woman that I don't know yet, is very comforting. Our profile is out for a situation due at the end of April/early May, and there is only one other couple who will be considered. And they even may not want to submit theirs, for reasons I won't go into here. But I like those odds, and hopefully this potential birth mother will like us. I can't wait for that phone call telling me we've been matched!

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, Thinking about you today, and I can't wait for you to get that phone call too. It WILL happen soon!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Laura F. said...

I'm praying for that phone call!! Thinking of you.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope that your day was filled with the joy of that little spirit who is coming home to you soon.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks you guys, having all of your support definitely made the day easier!

Does anyone else think it's strange that I have to do the word verification to post a comment on my own blog?

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel - you made it. And you handled it well.
I hope that your baby finds you soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home