Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A big shout out to women who are willing to give babies up for adoption

Idiotic comment #whatever from my mom:

"I just don't understand how someone can carry a baby for nine months and then give it up for adoption."

Yes, she really said that to me. I want to say thank you to all the women out there who are willing to do just exactly this. Because of you, I will be able to fulfill my dream of being a parent (and yes, I pointed that out to my mom).

In other news, I went to NYC this weekend for my friend Reb's son's baby naming. Reb is one of my Dork sisters, and her son was born after several years/rounds of IVF. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with hemophilia, and they had his bris in the hospital. He had his naming this past weekend and I flew to NY. I stayed with Reb and her husband, and got to enjoy the baby all weekend. He is wonderful! We also got to have lunch with one of my other Dork sisters, who is picking up her Korean son today in Detroit. Lots of good news in Dorkland recently (another Dork sister had a c-section yesterday to deliver her son; we're still waiting on an update). Other than the cold on Sunday (and the woeful lack of front door cab service in Brooklyn), we had a lovely weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home