Monday, January 30, 2006

Waiting is the hardest part

The California birth mother is due today, and we still have not heard either way if we have been chosen or not. I am thinking either she wanted more profiles (so we're out of the running) or that she is leaning towards parenting. Either way, we have pretty much given up on this situation. I contacted T, my facilitator, and asked her if we could go ahead and edit our profile (she wants to help make it better and unique) and start submitting us to the other possibilities. I don't know if we can be submitted to all three or if we have to wait and do them sequentially.

Waiting sucks, but at least we know there is a baby at the end of the waiting. I feel like my whole life has been one big long wait to be a mother.

As David mentioned, my sister-in-law is being induced today. I'm not sure why they are inducing someone a week or two ahead of their due date, but that's the plan. So our new nephew will probably be born today some time. Am I jealous, you ask? Why of course. And it doesn't help that I would have been giving birth in about 4 weeks myself, if things hadn't turned out the way they did.

UPDATE: the CA situation has finally closed out, and we were not chosen (otherwise I'd have started a new post!). We thought we weren't going to be picked, since it was taking so long, but I'm just glad to know it's closed and we can forget about it.

5 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling girl, you've been on my mind a lot today. I know the waiting is hard, but having your SIL give birth just shy of what would've been your due date is simply excruciating.

Hugs to you,
Mollie

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger t said...

I'm sorry it doesn't seem to be working out with the CA birth mother. I hope one of the other three situations pan out.

Sorry about the new baby today. Be sure and drink LOTS of wine tonight.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Laura F. said...

Due dates are hard, especially when someone close to us is having her baby. I'm thinking of you and so glad to hear you are going to move forward with some other situations!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, I drank plenty of wine last night! Thanks for being my friends, this would be so much harder without you guys!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Mel, I'm sorry! I know it doesn't help much, but just know that many of us share these same feelings, and have been through similar things. It's so hard. I'm thinking about you guys, and hope that a wonderful situation presents itself very soon.

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home