Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Our new and improved profile

I heard from T on Monday, and she went over the edits for our profile with me. She had pretty minor suggestions, tweaked some wording here and there, and had us take out our wedding photo. Most birth mothers are single and don't have happy feelings towards men, so she says no wedding pics. All her criticism was constructive and we now have a new and improved profile. I made 5 copies at Kinkos yesterday ($75, ouch) and now have a packet to mail her after work today with the profiles, our application, contract, home study, and a check for the referral program. She has two biracial situations to present us to, one due in April and one in May. We decided we'd really like to have a biracial child, because the mix of genes is so lovely. So now we wait, and see what happens.

I do have new nursery pics, but I haven't taken them off the camera yet. We went to Ikea last weekend and got a white dresser so baby now has a place for clothes storage. I also put together my Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Mobile and attached it to the crib, and hung the cool clock from my dad on the wall. It looks like a real nursery now! And I ordered my Hotsling and my Kecci diaper bag. Both arrived and are wonderful. I'm going to brave the new nephew this weekend and see if he and Kayla fit in the sling, it seems small to me, but I got the size they recommended based on my measurements. We also got our sampler pack of cloth diapers from Tiny Tush, it was pretty overwhelming! I need to find directions on how to use all these diapers on the website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home