Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's almost snipping time

Benjamin is going to have his bris in just over a week, on October 22nd. I'm sure he's not too thrilled about having the end of his penis snipped off, but what can I do? My whole family is coming in and I'm very excited. And the ladies at shul are throwing me a baby shower the day before, when my family is here. I think it'll be a fun weekend. We met the mohel the other day and his hands shake terribly though, but I think (and hope!) the clamp method is pretty foolproof. At least the little guy gets some local anesthesia and some yummy Manischewitz.

Benjamin weighs around 10 lbs now, and has his next doctor's appointment on the 24th, right after his bris. He's starting to sleep 3.5 - 4 hours at night now, which makes me very happy. He's eating about 4 oz at a feeding right now and is a good eater. He's awake a lot more in the daytime and loves to look around, especially at the ceiling fans. And I think he may have smiled at me for real a couple of times now! He's still a very sweet and good-natured baby, and his pooping seems more regular now so he's less unhappy.

Sadly, we found out the Montessori school we want to use doesn't have an opening until the end of February, so we have to figure out childcare for two months. I wish I could just stay off, but I'm not sure that work would allow it. We'll see. We are going to visit the school tomorrow to see if we like it. I hope they will be amenable to cloth diapering! Cloth diapering is going very well, we are using Fuzzi Bunz and they have the Nana and daddy seal of approval for ease of use. I just do a load once a day, no biggie.

I put a link to Benjamin's online photo album under "links" so you can always see photos! I add to it fairly regularly. We're also going to a photo studio today for a consult appointment, and will get some professional family photos done. I also want them to do one of him in his bris gown that I had made.

4 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Laura F. said...

Ahhhh, uninterrupted sleep for four hours at a time!! How wonderful! That's a good sign and hopefully it will just get longer and longer for you.

I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy in his gown!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Will Bubba wear a special outfit for this event?

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Frances - yes, he has a gown that I had made for him. I will post photos after the event!

Laura - amazing how good four hours can feel!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time for some new pictures!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home