Sunday, August 13, 2006

Agency update

I'm still not sure what the status is with my agency. M called me Friday morning and said nobody had returned her call to schedule an appointment. I called them and left a message and then called her back, and luckily her counselor had called her and set something up for Friday afternoon. I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming all went smoothly, since M wouldn't get her bills paid or her Walmart card if she didn't keep the appointment. As far as I know, if M was willing to keep that appointment, show up in person, and bring valid receipts, the agency will continue to work with her.

I checked with my lawyer in Houston and we can't use a Texas agency, so we have to stay with one in Tennessee. My TN lawyer doesn't know of any other agencies to use, and I'm hoping that we can make things work out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
And just as a side note: I'm sure you are all aware of the terrible things happening in Israel right now. I lived in Tel Aviv for three years and it saddens me greatly to watch the news. Even Jews at US synagogues are being harassed and shot at (and then there's that crazy Mel Gibson). I was very sad to go to my synagogue yesterday morning and see the (new as of last year) gates all closed except for one, with a cop outside screening cars as they came in. I hate that things have come to that.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Laura F. said...

Mel, I hope everything continues to go well with your agency. It still makes me so mad to think that they screwed up and don't want to take any blame for the situation they have created.

Also, I'm thinking of you and everyone at your synagogue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home