Friday, September 29, 2006

Finalization day!!

I'm sorry to be such a bad blogger, but it's so hard when you have a baby who wants to be held all the time. I don't mind at all, but it's hard to get to email and blogging and all that. I'll try to be better!

We finalized Benjamin's adoption today. Did I mention how much I love Kansas law? He is legally ours. We wait about 4-6 weeks to get an application for his birth certificate, and then file for it. We'll get that and his adoption decree and then file for a SSN for him. We have our one post-placement visit next week, which only needs to be filed with the ICPC office. But it's all done, and he is our son. I can't believe it.

He had his two-week checkup when we got back and is all healthy. He had gained 7 oz from birth, and is now, at five weeks, up to about 9.5 lbs. He's a happy sweet baby and we are so blessed. He's sleeping 2-3 hours at night, and moving towards longer stretches which will make his mommy happy. My mom visited last weekend and had a wonderful time meeting her grandson. The rest of the family will meet him in late October when we have his bris.

Here's my new favorite photo. He loves having a bath!



5 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, so cute. Congratulations on the finalization!!!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Felicidades!! I am so happy!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Laura F. said...

Congratulations!!! That is so amazing!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!
That is fabulous news. And WOW it was fast.
I can totally relate to having much less computer time - I'm at about 95% less computer time than I had before M came home.

Oh - and I LOVE the picture. What a precious baby!!!!!!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Aw, thanks everyone. We are so happy that things turned out the way that they did.

Amy - I do have several slings, it's finding the time that makes it hard to post! But that is very sweet of you and I wouldn't mind having another sling if you're willing to part with it. You can email me at melissa dot levy at sbcglobal dot net and I'll give you my address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home