Thursday, August 24, 2006

A letter to M

Dear M,

We were very saddened and hurt when we spoke with our lawyer and learned that you admitted to her that you lied to us. When we gave you an opportunity to tell us the truth, you lied to us again. We feel that we have been very patient and understanding during our entire relationship together, and that you have done nothing but abuse our kindness and generosity. In light of recent events, we have decided that we can no longer continue to support you financially. We are not even sure if you ever intended to place this baby for adoption or whether the whole thing was just a ploy for money. However, should you give birth to this baby and you genuinely want to place him, we are here to uphold our end of the commitment we made to you. We already love this baby and we want to raise him and to be his parents.

From what you have said, you do not want this baby and cannot raise him. If this is the truth, we hope that you will think seriously about placing him, and that you will call us when you give birth. We will be there for him.

David and Melissa

8 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Writing that letter had to be a hard thing to do. It would be for me, but I think it was the right thing to do.

Will you look for other matches while you wait to hear from M?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so terribly sad for you. I pray that Baby will have a good future despite the action of his DQM. I pray she makes the best decision for him. {hugs} Fran

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Mel said...

You know, writing it was easier than I thought it would be. Making the decision was the really hard part. We have been dealing with this situation of the lie for a week now and I think it's had some time to sink in. We haven't sent the letter, but it's what I want to say when I do talk to her and I wanted my thoughts to be firm, calm, and coherent. I am hoping that we can do a conference call with the SW to mediate.

Yes, we will look for other matches. T has continued to call me when she gets last-minute situations, and we have actually passed on two because David was working the Shuttle mission in July. I have now told her to full-on circulate us again, but no matches more than 2 months away from the due date.

But you know, I feel some peace that maybe all this insanity will end soon one way or another. I know this is the right thing to do, as hard as it is.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your SO close...can't you just pay/deal with her for a little bit longer and then be done and have your kiddo?? You have already had to play her games for this long, just stick it out a little bit longer and then have your baby and cut the ties. sorry, I just a worried you will overreact and not let you become a mom.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire and respect the decision you've made. I'm sure the decision was incredibly hard. I hope M realizes what stupid mistakes she has made and goes through with the adoption with no more grief for you.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Nina said...

My heart goes out to you, Mel. It's sickening to think that M may have been so cruel as to lead you on and be disengenuous and hateful by playing on your dreams of parenthood. I'm hoping for a miracle for you...

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel-
I am sad to read this letter, but know that you and DH put a lot of thought into this decision. I, too, worry for this baby, and hope that everything works out. I will continue to cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Love,
Lisa

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure hope Mama Mel gets to update this soon...miracles do happen I am so pleased to report!
Reb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home