Monday, July 17, 2006

Oy! The drama.

Our first big news is that the Shuttle is safely home. I went and watched the landing with David on the big TV and it was very cool, they were showing us what the pilot was seeing out the window. So congratulations to Discovery for a very successful mission, and we are eagerly waiting for the next launch, scheduled for August 28th.

I talked to M on Friday. Her sister called me about some problems with the agency not paying expenses, but we got it sorted out. M called me after her sister got home and told me about 6 times that she thought them not wanting to pay for shampoo was BS and I agreed with her. The agency thought her buying things like pots and pans for her new apartment was not cool, but it's allowed under TN law and we told the social worker we didn't mind paying. M is definitely a drama queen and likes attention. She has been sending her mom and sister to the agency for her, and the social worker doesn't like that. I told her to be firm with M that she needs to come in person, and that we had to have the lawyer tell her the same thing and it worked. I think she's just spoiled and lets others wait on her as much as possible. But all is well with her and the baby, and she has an appointment with the lawyer this week to bring the family history papers and the video. We can get the medical records too so that's a relief.

Sigh. Eight more weeks. I can make it.

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The landing was great!!!

You can make it. You will make it! Your baby will be here soon.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not much longer to wait. M is really high maintenance. I've a close friend that is a birth mom and she would just spit in amazement to hear that M is acting this way. I hope that M has a plan for how she'll support herself after your son is born. I will pray for you all. ~ Fran

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Karen - thanks!

Fran - amazing, isn't it? I hope she has a plan to support herself too. Thank you for the prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home