Thursday, July 20, 2006

My brother in law is an Asshole (with a capital A).

I was emailing with my SIL in Florida yesterday, and she casually mentioned that her husband (David's oldest brother) is not planning to attend the bris. Apparently it's too hard for him to plan one day off with three month's advance notice. He is a doctor and moonlights on the weekends at one of those urgent care clinics, and I'm sure it's hard to find someone willing to cover the night shift. But you make exceptions for family and important family events. David's dad and David have both spoken to BIL to tell him how disappointed they are. BIL and SIL are planning a trip to Hawaii in a few weeks and will come here at Christmas, so his excuse is he can't take any more time off. I think he's just a selfish jerk and doesn't want to be bothered to come to Houston twice. We explained that we will be taking the baby to Maine at Christmas to see my grandmother, who may not have another Christmas. Therefore we won't see them at Christmas, and if they wait until next Christmas to meet the baby, he'll be over a year old. But then again they haven't come to Houston to meet their nephew Jake, who is now 7 months old. And they couldn't be bothered to come to their niece Kayla's welcoming party, the one her grandparents flew all the way from Japan to attend. They had never left their village or flown, but they came. BIL should take some lessons from them.

I am so angry at him. I don't even really like him much (nor does David), but it's a matter of principle. We had to fly to Florida for his son's bris on the typical 8 days' notice, in the middle of the week, but we didn't feel inconvenienced because we wanted to meet our nephew. I just can't believe that ONE FREAKING SHIFT can't be rescheduled. So, my BIL gets the Biggest Asshole Award.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His loss, I say.
Reb

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Nina said...

Definitely his loss. Definitely a Grade AAA Asshole. He sounds consistent, if nothing else. So sorry you have to deal with that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home