Friday, July 07, 2006

YAY Discovery!!


We couldn't have asked for a better launch. Wow, was I nervous though! It was pouring here in Houston, but I slogged through the water and went over to the Space Center and watched on the big TV in the auditorium. It is wonderful to be around hundreds of other people cheering as we had liftoff, then SRB separation, then ET separation. I was so relieved that we didn't lose any major chunks of foam, and so far everything is going smoothly.

So I can't count, and the baby is actually due 9 weeks from this coming Wednesday. I spoke with the agency yesterday and they said M had another counseling appointment, so I hope it all went well. They are being firm with her about for receipts, which I think is good. I'll give M a call over the weekend or early next week and see how she is doing.

Now I'm actually starting to worry about becoming a mother! It's all so overwhelming. I don't know how to take care of a baby, really. I guess I'll figure it out.

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem. you DO know how to take care of a baby, I saw you with Owen. Nobody comes w/ instructions...you've got a phd, you will do GREAT!
Reb

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Just to normalize your feelings, when I left the hospital with Ariel after giving birth, I thought, "You're actually letting me go home with her? I don't know what to do!" Your concerns/fears are totally expectable (is that a word?) feelings and you'll figure it out as you go, like all other first time moms. You'll be great!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the big day is getting close! And don't worry, you will make a great mom! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home