Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Eight weeks and counting

The baby's due date is 8 weeks from today. I can't believe it's only eight more weeks. I feel like I'm living in some kind of suspended animation these days, although somehow the weeks keep trickling by and that magic day gets closer and closer. There is still so much to do and so little time. I feel really badly that we're going to have to leave our pets for a couple of weeks and I wish we could take them with us, but I think we're going to end up using some kind of in-home pet care service.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the differences between our son's life and his half-siblings' lives. We plan to stay in contact and even have visits, and I wonder what Bubba is going to think when he realizes that he has so much more than his siblings do. I also worry terribly about what M is going to do to take care of herself after we are no longer paying support to her. We can only pay for six weeks post-partum and that's it. I almost feel guilty for having so much when she has so little.

We discussed the hospital plan further the other day, and the hospital is going to allow us to have a room and access to the nursery. We also asked her not to have the baby circumcized, so that we could do it here in Houston, and she agreed.

So, wow. Eight more weeks. Can you believe it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home