Wednesday, May 24, 2006

One-on-one Conversation

I just spent half an hour talking to M on the phone, just the two of us. Earlier I got a call from T's assistant, telling me T was in the hospital with a birth mother (isn't she great?) and couldn't conference us, but M said to go ahead and give us her phone number. So I called her. I was really nervous, and when I dialed, I got this weird pop music singing, and then her voice, saying something like "if you're just calling to bug me, don't bother leaving a message because I won't call you back." Then it went to voicemail and told me that this subscriber could not accept messages at the moment. I thought that was really strange, and figured she just had a really bizarre outgoing message.

I waited an hour and called back, and the phone rang and she answered. We had a really nice talk, for about half an hour. She had her ultrasound today, and all looked good. It is definitely a boy, and he is now up to 1.5 pounds. She asked for a 3-D ultrasound for us and they said he had turned already and couldn't get a good image. She also said she had some blood test for Down's for us. She said she got video for us, and she'll give it to us when we come. Her next appointment is June 14th, a Wednesday, not a great day of the week, but we'll figure it out.

We talked about how she was feeling (tired but otherwise good), work (she quit, the midwife said it was okay - I know she knows she has support coming soon), the agency (she will call them back tomorrow), names (she told me how she named all her kids, and I shared our name with her and she seemed okay with it), lactose intolerance (all her kids needed soy formula), and more on names (we both have the middle name Anne - mine with an "E", hers without).

She told me that since it was a boy on the u/s, that we could start buying stuff. Little does she know I already have!

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to talk to M tonight, and I'm glad the conversation went well. And how exciting to be stocking up on little boy stuff. Fun!

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! It all sounds so wonderful..I'm so happy for you guys. I love checking your blog everyday to see whats new!

Stephanie

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home