Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Familial reactions, part 2

Another gem from my mother - I'm going to DC next week to visit some friends, and I will also visit my cousin. Mom (as usual) starts going on and on about how wonderful and adorable my cousin's kids are. I said "well, my baby will be cute and wonderful too" and she said "well, I don't know, you're not getting to pick what they look like or anything". WTF? That was really insensitive and hurtful. A baby that comes out of my body might not be "cute" either, which is what I told her. She really made me feel inferior because I can't give birth. I wish moms could just be supportive. And I feel like she is always comparing me to my uber-fertile cousin and I'm coming up short.

And still no AF for me, going on 13+ weeks now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home