Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing's gonna be allright

I am going to try and make this my new motto. We were inundated with Bob Marley in Jamaica last week and I decided this is a good theme song. Jamaica was wonderful, just what the doctor ordered. We spent a whole week sleeping when we were tired, waking up when we weren't, eating when we were hungry, drinking a lot of alcohol, hanging at the beach and pool, and having sex when we wanted (and because we wanted, how's that for a new one?).

The best part was that I barely thought about children or IF the whole week. It was one of the Sandals couples-only resorts, and even though I'm sure a lot of folks there had kids, nobody talked about their kids. It was child-free heaven, no pregnant women or anything. I only talked with one girl about my experiences, because she and her husband were taking one last vacation before starting to try and get pregnant. I was very proud of myself for not being jaded with her. She told me her mom remarried later in life and her new husband wanted children, so mom had her tubes untied and tried and tried, and they ended up adopting. It's nice to hear people speaking positively about adopting.

So, now we're back to reality and PRIDE. We have three classes this week so it's going to be exhausting. But then we just have next week and we're done except for our two makeup classes in mid-October. I thought we missed three, but our social worker said one of them wasn't applicable to their agency and we didn't need to take it. Woo-hoo!

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time in Jamaica!! We were in Brazil the week before and I agree...VERY nice to be away from it ALL!!!

Steph

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home