Thursday, November 10, 2005

The case of the missing period

I called the doctor on Monday to inform them that AF was still missing. They had me come in for another pregnancy test (after my HCG on 10/18 was 1.4, and we haven't DTD in a long time due to David's surgery). Shockingly that test was negative (I thought I was just fat, not six months pregnant). They think my lining may not be building up enough, so I am on estrace for a few weeks and will start Prometrium on 12/1. After 12 days of that I should get a period, and if not I have a consult scheduled with the doctor.

I'm definitely not in a real hurry to get another period or anything, but I am still counting weeks since the miscarriage and that date is now cemented in my head. Once I have a cycle again then I can finish putting it behind me. And of course, there is always the small hope that we could get pregnant on our own.

On the adoption front, we just turned in a huge pile of papers to the social worker. David has written his personal statement (made me bawl my eyes out, maybe some day I'll post his and mine here), and we finished the financial statement. I have the photo album all completed. Next week we will have our final two PRIDE classes on Tuesday and Thursday, plus CPR and First Aid on Saturday. Then we are done! We can schedule our home study! We have to fill out the form on what kind of child we want, and we agreed that we would fill it out independently and then compare answers. This way we can both be completely honest without influencing each other, and we can discuss our differences. I have a feeling we'll be pretty similar, we do tend to think alike.

I am hopeful that we can schedule the home study before Christmas, then we will be ready for our license. I think we should be able to go on the waiting list in January!

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Erica said...

I did not know you had a blog! So do I (just started it a few days ago).

Congrats on moving closer to homestudy, I hope the time flies by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home