Thursday, June 08, 2006

Update on our situation

I got a call from my SW. She had tried calling M two days ago about her appointment today, and heard the voicemail and thought it was very bizarre as well. However, M did call her back yesterday and left her a message, and the SW thinks that's a very good sign that she intends to keep the appointment. And she said she would discuss the phone message with M. Then right as I hung up with her, T called me back and said she'd just spoken with M. M said she'd been really tired, and that she did have to start working again. She mentioned we had called and said she'd call us back last night after she got the kids to bed. T thinks it's a good sign that M at least took her call. She thinks it is the SW's place to discuss the message and that I shouldn't say anything at all about it. The SW will call me back today after they've met.

M did not call us last night. I took T's advice and called her at 8:30 and her phone did at least ring several times, so she was probably still putting the kids to bed. T wanted me to gently "remind" her that her appointment was today with the SW. When I worded the message, I think I implied it was okay for her to just call us today after the appt, so I'm not totally alarmed. David and I think that if she doesn't make the appt and we don't hear from her that we're going to walk away. But if she goes to the appt, we'll go ahead and go visit next week and see what happens face to face. I think she's just kind of flaky and not thinking at all about our feelings (which I think is normal). T also said sometimes we place too much stock in thinking about how they must be feeling, and that sometimes placing the baby is very easy for some people. I am still anxious as all getout, but we'll just see how today goes.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm praying for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home