Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Launch Day?

If all goes well, the Space Shuttle Discovery should have her second return-to-flight today, after a couple of failed attempts due to weather over the weekend. We're all very anxious and hoping that no large pieces of foam come off. The last time we had return-to-flight was a very mixed day for me. I was almost 9 weeks pregnant. The Shuttle got off the ground safely, but unfortunately we found out that same afternoon the baby wasn't going to make it.

So I sit here almost a year later, and it's amazing to think that in just over 9 weeks I will (hopefully) be a mother. I had a nice talk with M last week. She told me that she was busy all day getting paperwork together, because she is going to court to terminate rights on her third child. I thought this was a very good sign. And she volunteered to me that she had gone for the counseling session and that she liked the counselor. She was asking the counselor about what happened after we had taken custody and we changed our minds about the baby. I thought that was interesting. Basically she is doing fine although the summer heat is bothering her. She keeps telling me that she'll take the ultrasound video to the lawyer's office to send to me, so one day hopefully it will show up.

I'm feeling a little more hopeful that this is going to work out. And you know what? I'm having a baby shower! Yes, me, a baby shower.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you only have 9 more weeks to wait. And I'm beyond excited about coming to your shower. I cannot freaking wait for you to be a mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home