Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Freaking out

M met with the lawyer and social worker last week. I called and left messages with them on Friday to see how the appointments went, and I also left M a message. I talked to the social worker on Monday, and she said that M was late and they didn't have much time to talk, but had agreed to reschedule. Her quick take was that M seemed very financially motivated. The lawyer said their meeting went well, and they contacted the father and got relinquishment papers to him, which he said he would sign. So that was a relief.

M never called me back, so last night I called her again. Imagine my shock hearing her answering machine message:

(beep) "Hi! You've reached M, A and V (her kids) and soon to be baby Junior!"

That does not sound to me like a woman making an adoption plan. So of course I panicked. I called T and left her a message, and we just spoke. She agrees that this is a major red flag. She told me to call the lawyer and the social worker and see if they can follow up and find out what's going on. Maybe M is having second thoughts, who knows. I know she can't afford to have this child but if she wants to keep him I understand. I'd rather find out now if there is a problem instead of after we've paid money and gone to visit, but it still sucks. I can't think anything but the worst at this point.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel-
I am a little sick reading this post, but am here to support you. Of course, we are hoping for the best!
Love,
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home