Thursday, December 08, 2005

A very bizarre wedding anniversary dinner

We had a really nice, but incredibly bizarre dinner last night. We went for sushi, and at the next table were three adults and three little girls. Two of the adults were a couple, a blond woman and a hispanic man, and the other woman was hispanic. The kids had these strange bottles of something they were drinking, and I scootched over and started asking the oldest girl (around 8, back of photo) what they were. She told me it was Japanese sprite and told me in great detail all about how the bottle worked (it had this weird marble like thing in the top that provided the carbonation and cooled it). The other little girls started talking to us as well, and the littlest one (4, on my lap) gave me a big hug and asked if she could sit on my lap. So David and I are playing with these little girls, and the mom (the blond) comes over to the table and asks if they're bothering us, and we assured her they weren't. I had been staring at them all evening because they were all so cute, and I was wondering if she thought I wanted to kidnap them. We were joking about stealing them etc. Mom was kind of drunk, offered us sake, etc. She went back to her table and said "you really need your husband to impregnate you". As we were leaving, they were leaving as well, and I told her that I couldn't have kids and we were adopting. She immediately said "I'll carry one for you". I said that's what I needed, was a ute that worked. We all walked out together, said goodbye, and I got in our car. David realized he had forgotten the umbrella and went back. She tapped on the door and I opened it, and she says "take down my name and number". She offered to donate eggs to me, and said she was being a donor for the other woman and that's why they were all having dinner together. The other woman came over and was telling me how great this lady was for doing this for them, and if they had leftover embryos I could have those too because she and her husband were Catholic. The mom said she loves children so much, and she gets pg easily and has easy pregnancies, and she would be happy to surrogate for me or donate for me. Then she added "and plus I'm cute" (she was, in a blond average looking kind of way). I thanked her, took down her numbers, and we parted ways.

How bizarre was that? David and I were totally freaked out, but in a kind of cool way, especially since it was our wedding anniversary. We decided though that we're sticking with the adoption path, but we may contact her in the future. Who knows? But how kind of a total stranger to want to do something like that for me, it really touched me to know these women exist.

So, to all of you egg donors and surrogates out there, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a COMPLETELY crazy story! I can't believe that happened. How strange and beautiful and weird. All at once.

Karen/Naked ovary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home