Thursday, December 22, 2005

Our first home study interviews are scheduled!

FINALLY. It only took 23 days to get these interviews scheduled, far too long in my opinion. After I spoke with Cindy a couple of weeks ago, the contract social worker never called me. I started calling HSM to find out what was up, and of course got the run-around for a long time. Yesterday I got an email from Cindy that said "did you make contact with her?". Um, hello, how am I supposed to make contact? I don't know the woman's name or phone number. Cindy was in a very bitchy mood, and wasn't too pleasant to talk to. She even intimated that there could be further delays if something were wrong with my home study. Thanks, hon, for making me paranoid. But she said she would call the contract worker and have her call me, and lo and behold, she did! We have our individual interviews scheduled for Wednesday, December 28th, and she even likes dogs. And she agreed to come to Clear Lake, which saves us a trip into town at rush hour.

4 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! It will be a breeze. We have finished 3 homestudy interviews and are waiting to meet and go over the finished product. Our problem is with the licensing worker. He has had our file since the end of October and still hasn't scheduled an appointment with us. I'm trying to be patient, but jeeze!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Mel said...

What a PITA! Since the end of October? That really sucks. Your agency must be even slower than mine ...

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Good luck, and congrats on finally getting started! YEAH!

Btw, did you have prolactin test run with the rest of b/w? I hope RE figures out what the heck is going on.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Erica, I think so. She did a full panel. Some of it had to be sent out so I'll get it back next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home