Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Case of the Missing Period, Part 2

Doesn't that sound like it should be a Nancy Drew mystery?

Anyhow, I saw the RE this week. The 12 days of prometrium did not bring on a period, so I had a consult scheduled. She gave me a dildo-cam and said everything looked fine. The lining was very thin, I guess the estrace didn't do much, but it looked normal. She checked for scar tissue at the cervix by poking a catheter through there and nothing is blocked. She is stumped. I quit the estrace and today I had a full blood panel done. I should get some of the results today (E2, FSH, LH) and some next week (thyroid, corticol, and some other tests).

Part of me is worried that it is early menopause. I am almost 38, and my FSH has always been borderline high (8-10) and I barely passed the Clomid challenge. My mom was also perimenopausal in her mid-40s, which isn't that far away. I have also been having terrible night sweats and hot flashes, David has been teasing me because I'm sleeping with no blankets and he's huddled under the down comforter, opposite of how we normally are. But in some ways it would be good, because I could let go of the ridiculous idea that I might get pregnant on my own. I do really want to have a period though, because I keep marking the date since my miscarriage, and that's a date I'd like to put out of my mind as much as possible.

UPDATE: I got my in-house bloodwork back, and things don't look great. My LH, E2, and FSH were all elevated. I had my highest FSH yet, at 11.6. E2 was 68 and LH was 12. Of course we have no idea where in my cycle I am, but the look of the lining and ovaries indicated fairly early in the cycle, so these should be roughly equivalent to day 3 levels. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home