Monday, January 09, 2006

Social worker visit update

We had our social worker visit yesterday, and it was a piece of cake. She talked to us for about an hour, then we showed her the house and she took photos. She asked "did you do this all yourself?" when she saw the nursery, I think she liked it. She loved the playroom we have in there (I'll have to take photos of that too, it's really cute). Amazingly, we had the exact same wedding anniversary! The fertility gods smiled on her though, because she has a two-year old (we've been married 3 years). She'll have a draft to us for review next weekend. I have to get our health forms this week and our criminal checks, and then all the paperwork is in order. My sister is running the criminal checks for us (she has access through her job). Two references are in, and as soon as my friend gets back to Singapore this week I'm sure she'll do the last one.

Our profile was submitted to the birth mom in CA. So now we wait. They say we will be called if it's good news, otherwise emailed when the situation closes. I think that's a good system, I'd rather read bad news on email than get a phone call.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So exciting!! I can't wait to here all the details and good news. The mural looks GREAT! You need to post pics of the playroom. Glad your homestudy went well, I think I would have been so NERVOUS!!

Steph

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Mel said...

I wasn't really nervous at all, up until right before she came. But she was so nice and it was very casual. I was so happy that she could get it done quickly and I just wanted it over with, ya know? One more thing crossed off the list.

I'll take some playroom pics this week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home