Friday, August 19, 2005

My Big Bag of Needles

I've been carrying around this huge shopping bag full of syringes (unused) and a jar full of used needle tips in the back seat of my car for several days now. You see, I had my final RE appointment on Tuesday, and I meant to give the Big Bag of Needles to them. But I forgot, and left them in the car. So now I have this dilemma of what to do with them. They are symbolic of ending my infertility treatment, and they deserve a special ending. Maybe I should go downtown and leave them under a freeway overpass for the junkies. Or I could leave them anonymously on the RE's doorstep, with a note that the RE should take good care of them for me. Maybe I could make some kind of effigy from them and burn them.

I have spent the last two and a half years trying to have a baby. We tried the old-fashioned way for several months, then moved on to a few cycles of Clomid. Then I started with the RE and the fun of injectible IUI cycles, five of them. Then three rounds of IVF. Hence all the needles. I finally got pregnant on my last IVF cycle, and miscarried at 9 weeks. But that's all a story for another day.

We have decided it's time to get off the infertility rollercoaster, and onto a new ride. So today we are going to have our foster adoption orientation. I was wondering yesterday what I should wear. I don't want to look like I dressed up for it, but not like a total slouch either. This morning when I got up, my husband David said "what do you think we should wear to this thing?". I guess great minds think alike.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I get to be the first comment. The needle thing is hard. I hope you feel a little weight lifted when you finally get rid of them, though. Good luck with the orientation!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home