Wednesday, August 24, 2005

To nursery or not to nursery?

I've been thinking a lot about if we needed to have a nursery ready before a placement. With the foster/adopt system, once we get licensed, we literally could get a placement that day and we need to be ready. So, that leads to the question "should we go ahead and prepare a nursery?"

I remember when I first went off the Pill, thinking surely I'd get pregnant easily. I was unemployed at the time, and I browsed a lot of websites, bookmarking furniture and slings and cloth diaper sites. As time passed and infertility started taking over my life, I had to stop looking at all these sites. But then the miracle happened and I got pregnant, and I went back to all those websites to look at them again. Then miscarriage reared its ugly head, so once again I had to stop browsing.

Now that having a child is once again a reality, and a more certain reality than IVF ever offered, I am thinking about the nursery. We know we want to do an ocean theme, since we met diving, and it's good and gender-neutral. The room as it stands has kind of mustard yellow walls. I want to do this mural on one wall. I was looking around for fish sheets yesterday, and found this bedding that I really like. I hope blue is gender-neutral enough.

I think doing the nursery will be therapeutic. I'm toying with at least ordering the stencils ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home